An Eclectics Exclusive Article
Discover Eclectics Authors! ~ Click For Details on this Book!
Once filled out, this chart helps writers get a firm grasp on characters.
Date this chart was completed:
Character's Full Name:
Reason or meaning of name:
Reason for nickname:
- Expletive(s) (swears):
- Mode of transportation:
- Worst bad habit?
- Type of childhood:
- First memory:
- Most important childhood event that still affects him/her:
- Lower education:
- Higher education:
- Booksmart or streetsmart?
- Religion and/or religious views and/or tendencies?
- Sexual experience?
- Mother (name):
Relationship with her:
- Father (name):
Relationship with him:
Relationship with each:
- Children of Siblings:
- Extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.):
- Close to family? Yes/No
- Does character have child(ren)?
- Are all children with the same partner?
If no, why not? If no, what is the custody arrangement?
- How does character relate to his/her child(ren)?
- Which child is character's favorite?
- Character's most favorite memory of his/her child(ren)?
- Character's least favorite memory of his/her child(ren)?
- Is relationship with children good?
- Is relatioinship with children important to character?
- Where does character work?
How many years?
- Relationship with co-workers?
- Like his/her job?
Why or why not?
- Dream job:
- Greatest fear:
- Worst thing that could happen to him/her?
- What single event would most throw character's life in complete turmoil?
- Character is most at ease when:
- Most ill at ease when:
- How s/he feels about self:
- Past failure s/he would be embarrassed to have people know about:
- If granted one wish, what would it be?
- Daredevil or cautious?
Same when alone?
- Biggest regret?
- Biggest accomplishment:
- Minor accomplishments:
- Character's darkest secret:
Does anyone else know?
If yes, did character tell them?
If no, how did they find out?
Greatest source of strength in character's personality (whether s/he sees it as such or not):
- Greatest source of weakness in character's personality (whether s/he sees it as such or not):
- Character's soft spot:
Is this soft spot obvious to others?
If not, how does character hide it?
- Biggest vulnerability:
- Which of the 7 deadly sins does character fight (or give into, willingly or not)?
(lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, pride)
- Which of the 7 virtues does your character have (or fight against)?
(chastity, abstinence, leberality, diligence, patience, kindness, humility)
- Optimist or pessimist?
- Introvert or extrovert?
- Drives and motivations?
- Talents (hidden or not)?
- Extremely skilled at:
- Extremely unskilled at:
- Good characteristics:
- Character flaws:
- One word character would use to describe self:
- One paragraph description of how character would describe self:
- What does character consider best physical characteristic?
- What does character consider worst physical characteristic?
Are these realistic assessments?
If not, why not?
- How CHARACTER thinks others perceive him/her?
- What four things would CHARACTER most like to change about self? (#1 most important, #2 second most important, etc.)
- If change #1 was made, would character be as happy as s/he thinks?
If not, why not?
© (c ) copyright 1990-2011 Rebecca Sinclair
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Authors Note: I worked hard on this. Read the disclaimer below.
~ Permission is granted to LINK TO the Fiction Writers Character Chart.
~ Permission is granted to print out a copy of the Fiction Writers Character Chart FOR PERSONAL USE
~ Permission is NOT granted to copy and/or use the Character Chart in print and/or electronic form (including the
internet) without express written permission).
~ Permission is NOT granted to copy/print in any form/use The Fiction Writers Character Chart in a group setting,
electronically or otherwise, without express written permission.
Fiction Writers Character Chart is exclusive to eclectics.com
The Eclectics Writer
+ Updates are posted on an unannounced & unscheduled basis, so check back often!
Top of Page | Eclectics Authors
The Eclectic Writer | The Eclectics Home Page
Back to Eclectics
hosted by eclectics.com
~ Affordable Web Presence for Publishing Professionals ~